POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woohoo!!!! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Woohoo!!!! (Message 41 to 50 of 61)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Woohoo!!!!
Date: 4 Jul 2008 00:34:40
Message: <486da860@news.povray.org>
"Sherry Shaw" <ten### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> OMG, just found this...
>
> WOOHOO!!!  Congratulations!!!  You are my hero!!!

<grin> Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jul 2008 04:14:03
Message: <486ddbcb$1@news.povray.org>
>> They have a winter at the equator??
>
> Huh?

I was under the impression that at the equator there is little or no
variation in weather conditions. (I.e., it's desert *all* year round.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: scott
Date: 4 Jul 2008 05:02:29
Message: <486de725$1@news.povray.org>
> I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
>
> I just got a mail from microsoft.
> "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft
> MVP
> Award"
>
> Wow. I was not expecting that.
>
> And for those going "What?"
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/

Ah I see, I had always noticed that some people had the [MVP] after their
names in a few of the MS newsgroups I read, but wasn't sure what it meant.
Thanks for the link, and congratulations!

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:14:02 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>>> They have a winter at the equator??
>>
>> Huh?
>
>I was under the impression that at the equator there is little or no
>variation in weather conditions. (I.e., it's desert *all* year round.)

Johannesburg is not even in the tropics. It has a latitude of 26 degrees South.
There are seasons (I believe :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Johannesburg is not even in the tropics. It has a latitude of 26 degrees
South.
> There are seasons (I believe :)

There are. Though our winter's probably about the same average temperature
as early summer in England, the summers get scorchingly hot

Post a reply to this message