POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Complains about Vista (Message 80 to 89 of 129)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Complains about Vista
Date: 8 Jul 2008 11:44:49
Message: <48738b71$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> BTW, any ideas about *good* DVD authoring software? My drive came with
> some freebie that works, but it doesn't work fantastically well...

When I looked around for DVD authoring software for turning camcorder
stuff into DVDs, I found ULead to be the only version that actually
didn't compress everything so poorly it was unwatchable. ULead "fair"
quality was better than anyone else's "best" quality. I suspect ULead is
the only one that actually implemented b-frames at the time.

If that's what you're doing, I'd suggest getting a clip with lots of
motion and another with lots of flat area, then trying out all the free
trial versions of stuff to see what the quality is like. I used a video
of sun sparkling off an open tank of water, and then looking into the
tank of water to see the turtles and such swimming. Gave a good pair of
images, with lots of random motion and lots of subtle contrast
differences, both of which are hard for mpeg to compress.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: