POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh what joy! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Oh what joy! (Message 31 to 40 of 91)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Erasure
Date: 27 Jun 2008 05:45:37
Message: <1hd964t2a3cvppqr2151gsilacbblmbmeb@4ax.com>
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:04:26 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>
>> PGP shredder it is free
>
>1. Is it still free? IIRC they changed the licence a while back.

Shredding is free so is encrypting files and IM

>2. Can it erase an entire drive? I know it could do individual files,
>one at a time, and I think there was a free space wipe too. But a whole
>drive?

Yes it can but not with the free version, I think. I'm not going to
try it on my own HD :)

>Better yet, didn't PGP used to offer a whole-drive encryption option? If
>you keep your entire drive encrypted, all you need to do is delete the
>encryption key. ;-)

True
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 27 Jun 2008 05:52:04
Message: <4864b844@news.povray.org>
>>> PGP shredder it is free
>> 1. Is it still free? IIRC they changed the licence a while back.
>
> Shredding is free so is encrypting files and IM

It does IM now?

Heh, I used to like PGP. Before it became all commercial and
closed-source and expensive and stuff...

I've experimented with GPG, but that only encrypts files. It doesn't
offer any other functionality. Oh well! I don't have any sensitive data
anyway, what do I need cryptography for?

>> 2. Can it erase an entire drive? I know it could do individual files,
>> one at a time, and I think there was a free space wipe too. But a whole
>> drive?
>
> Yes it can but not with the free version, I think. I'm not going to
> try it on my own HD :)

You could see if the button's there or not. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/