POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh what joy! : Re: Erasure Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Erasure
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Jun 2008 05:52:04
Message: <4864b844@news.povray.org>
>>> PGP shredder it is free
>> 1. Is it still free? IIRC they changed the licence a while back.
>
> Shredding is free so is encrypting files and IM

It does IM now?

Heh, I used to like PGP. Before it became all commercial and
closed-source and expensive and stuff...

I've experimented with GPG, but that only encrypts files. It doesn't
offer any other functionality. Oh well! I don't have any sensitive data
anyway, what do I need cryptography for?

>> 2. Can it erase an entire drive? I know it could do individual files,
>> one at a time, and I think there was a free space wipe too. But a whole
>> drive?
>
> Yes it can but not with the free version, I think. I'm not going to
> try it on my own HD :)

You could see if the button's there or not. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/