POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ...so that's alright then. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  ...so that's alright then. (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Doctor John
Subject: ...so that's alright then.
Date: 24 Jun 2008 08:50:39
Message: <4860ed9f$1@news.povray.org>
http://lsag.web.cern.ch/lsag/LSAG-Report.pdf

I didn't understand a word of it, but I'm sure they're right

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: ...so that's alright then.
Date: 24 Jun 2008 09:00:31
Message: <4860efee@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> http://lsag.web.cern.ch/lsag/LSAG-Report.pdf

> I didn't understand a word of it, but I'm sure they're right

  There's one good point there: The Earth has been bombarded for
millions of years by cosmic radiation particles with velocities and
energies vastly larger than anything the LHC could ever produce, yet
we have still not been eaten by a black hole.

  Ignorant people who oppose the LHC as "dangerous" do not know nor
understand what the cosmic radiation is and how it's related to all this.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Doctor John <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> http://lsag.web.cern.ch/lsag/LSAG-Report.pdf
>
>> I didn't understand a word of it, but I'm sure they're right
>
>   There's one good point there: The Earth has been bombarded for
> millions of years by cosmic radiation particles with velocities and
> energies vastly larger than anything the LHC could ever produce, yet
> we have still not been eaten by a black hole.
>
>   Ignorant people who oppose the LHC as "dangerous" do not know nor
> understand what the cosmic radiation is and how it's related to all this.

Or black holes, for that matter.

Post a reply to this message

> I didn't understand a word of it, but I'm sure they're right

Interpretation for the layman:  "The people who say that the new
whiz-banger being built in Europe might create a black hole that
destroys the earth are speaking nonsense."

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message