POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Projectors Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Projectors (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Projectors
Date: 23 Jun 2008 10:54:24
Message: <485fb920$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Looks nice, but the product information I have doesn't seem to
>> indicate the presence of a VGA input...
>
> Oh it definitely has one of those!

OK. Wouldn't be the first time Insight's product descriptions were vague
and/or incorrect...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jun 2008 12:27:37
Message: <485fcef9$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> PS. Why do all the "DLP" projectors have 10x the contrast ratios of
> "LCD" projectors??

In an LCD projector, there's a light bulb that shines through the LCD,
which subtracts out the colors you don't want on the wall at that point.

In a DLP projector, there's a light bulb that bounces off microscopic
movable mirrors that reflect the light onto the wall or not, depending
on whether you want that color there.

So in a DLP, there's basically no filter in front of the light, and the
"moving parts" don't absorb the light so they don't get hot as easily.
(Not that they stay cool, but it's not their design goal to turn light
into heat.)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: