POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Yes, that time (Message 61 to 70 of 179)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Yes, that time
Date: 17 Jun 2008 11:53:27
Message: <4857ddf7@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
> >> I've heard of TV casualties from the wrist band snapping. LCDs and
> >> Plasmas.
> >> The glass on a CRT is usually strong enough to survive,
>
> Yup, whereas the glass in an LCD is usually under 1mm thick - the
polarisers
> stop it shattering, but it still cracks easily and then it's useless.

Don't remind be. I cracked a laptop's LCD panel last year. The surface was
fine, something was cracked underneath. Large portions of the screen are now
black.

Repair place quoted me R8000 to replace the panel, and that was a 17" laptop
screen. I'd hate to see the price to replace a 40" LCD TV's panel.

Post a reply to this message