POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yes, that time Server Time
8 Sep 2024 17:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Yes, that time (Message 151 to 160 of 179)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Yes, that time
Date: 19 Jun 2008 03:59:33
Message: <485a11e5@news.povray.org>
>> And it is also a movie that I really, really hate.
>
> So you've seen it, but you don't think you'd recognise the music to it?
> And if person A called person B a "wicked witch of the west", you
> wouldn't know what they're talking about?

I'd recognise several of the musical numbers that happen during the
film, just not the particular bit you mentioned. I hadn't noticed that
particular correlation.

To know what "the wicked witch of the west" means, I doubt it's
necessary to have seen the film at all! :-P

> (FWIW, American Film Institute (the folks who bring you the Oscars) had
> a show yesterday of the top-10-top-10 movies. Wizard of Oz was the #1
> fantasy movie of all times. So, yeah, it's part of the culture, I'd
> think. :-)

Part of *who's* culture? Personally, I don't even know where Kansas
*is*! :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/