POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Round Manholes Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Round Manholes (Message 23 to 32 of 32)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Round Manholes
Date: 8 Jun 2008 17:51:41
Message: <12lo445r9hi7p4ikingffee2cuki2t2fgh@4ax.com>
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:27:26 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>And what everyone so far has missed is that roads get repaved. The
>manhole screws into the vault at the bottom

Not in the UK they don't. They are kept in position by gravity. They
lift in and out vertically.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jun 2008 18:01:45
Message: <484c56c9@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Not in the UK they don't. They are kept in position by gravity. They
> lift in and out vertically.

Wow. How do they keep them level with the road, then? How do they even
make them level with the road in the first place?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: