POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quotable Server Time
8 Sep 2024 13:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Quotable (Message 60 to 69 of 179)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Quotable
Date: 2 Jun 2008 03:31:15
Message: <rd8744dg5u0n8p7gcj0k3bc8kctfqses8r@4ax.com>
On 2 Jun 2008 03:17:17 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
>> Do you mean that someone has managed to square the circle?
>
>  The "squaring the circle" problem imposes some restrictions.

Indeed, a straight edge and compass. What more do you need?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Michael Zier
Date: 2 Jun 2008 03:37:01
Message: <4843a31d$1@news.povray.org>

>   If there's "no evidence", what do you call the interference pattern?
> "Non-evidence"?

Don't forget: A single electron doesn't make an interference pattern. It
produces a bright spot on the fluorescence screen saying: Exactly here
and nowhere else the electron hit the screen.

Only if you observe many many events and add up their positions they
converge to an interference pattern.

Post a reply to this message