POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : FPGAs Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  FPGAs (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Invisible
Subject: FPGAs
Date: 19 May 2008 09:18:11
Message: <48317e13$1@news.povray.org>
So I know there's a fairly diverse set of people in here so... Anybody
have any experience with using FPGAs? It's something I've often thought
of playing with, but I have no idea (1) how much it costs, and (2) how
difficult it is to make something that works.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> So I know there's a fairly diverse set of people in here so... Anybody
> have any experience with using FPGAs? It's something I've often thought
> of playing with, but I have no idea (1) how much it costs, and (2) how
> difficult it is to make something that works.

just be careful you don't cause it to crack, leak and smoke....

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 19 May 2008 14:18:07 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> So I know there's a fairly diverse set of people in here so... Anybody
> have any experience with using FPGAs? It's something I've often thought
> of playing with, but I have no idea (1) how much it costs, and (2) how
> difficult it is to make something that works.

I'd start with Google or Wikipedia - both link to some fairly useful
resources. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> just be careful you don't cause it to crack, leak and smoke....

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I'd start with Google or Wikipedia - both link to some fairly useful
> resources. ;-)

Oh, sure, there's information out there. I was just wondering if anybody
around here had practical experience with such things.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> I'd start with Google or Wikipedia - both link to some fairly useful
>> resources. ;-)
>
> Oh, sure, there's information out there. I was just wondering if anybody
> around here had practical experience with such things.

I know somebody trying to port SETI@Home to FPGAs. Slow progress.

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 20 May 2008 09:12:12 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I'd start with Google or Wikipedia - both link to some fairly useful
>> resources. ;-)
>
> Oh, sure, there's information out there. I was just wondering if anybody
> around here had practical experience with such things.

Ah. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Anybody have any experience with using FPGAs?

...so that'd be a "no" them.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/