POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Distortion of meaning? - contains one use of moderate language Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Distortion of meaning? - contains one use of moderate language (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Distortion of meaning? - contains one use of moderate language
Date: 30 Apr 2008 10:05:58
Message: <48187cc6@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Which also reminded me of these:
>
> http://sam.zoy.org/porn/cute_underage_chick_with_hairy_pussy.jpeg

Awww, cute!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Date: 2 May 2008 10:47:59
Message: <op.uai64up8c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:11:07 +0100, Sabrina Kilian
<ykg### [at] SUCKSvtedu> did spake, saying:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:09:59 -0400, John VanSickle wrote:
>
>> Doctor John wrote:
>>> Watching a trailer for 'Ironman' last night, I noticed the warning
>>> "Contains strong violence and one use of moderate language".

Oh no one of the characters probably gets beaten to a pulp and then says
"Shit that hurt"... gotta warn the parents about that type of language.

>> They probably intended to say "mature" or "immoderate," spelled it
>> wrong, and the spell checker changed it to "moderate."
>
> I think it is shortened from 'moderately offensive' language. Who ever
> shortened it just didn't pay attention to the new meaning of the
> sentence.

Or possibly derived from Strong Language, so you also get Mild Language
and Moderate Language; like cheese :-)

I have yet to see anything that warns me it contains "Language", but I
suppose it's only a matter of time.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com