POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Distortion of meaning? - contains one use of moderate language : Re: Distortion of meaning? - contains one use of moderate language Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distortion of meaning? - contains one use of moderate language
From: Phil Cook
Date: 2 May 2008 11:21:57
Message: <op.uai8n4hgc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 02 May 2008 16:11:33 +0100, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> did
spake, saying:

> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> 'Mild Peril' always makes me chuckle.
>
> Indeed...
>
> "WATCH The Day After Tomorrow. IN CINEMAS NOW! [Contains mild peril.]"

'No don't go into down that crevasse - there might be a crazed wolf down
there, or you might slip and find yourself hanging over a 1000ft drop'
'No way this movie only contains mild peril'
'Oh! Hey go ahead then, if you want me I'll be in the woods kicking bears'

> Uh, no... no, actually the entire film *is* mild peril. It does not
> merely "contain" it. :-P

I've seen this film, I know I've seen this film; so why is it I can't
remember a single thing about it other the fact I've seen it?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com