POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the hell...? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  What the hell...? (Message 32 to 41 of 71)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: What the hell...?
Date: 26 Mar 2008 14:53:34
Message: <47eaa9be$1@news.povray.org>
>> Some dude tried hooking up a grid of electrodes to a person's tongue,
>> and after an hour or two they were able to navigate around a normal
>> office block without using their eyes.
>
> What were the electrodes connected to? A low res webcam?

Indeed, yes.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 26 Mar 2008 14:58:12
Message: <47eaaad4@news.povray.org>

>>> Some dude tried hooking up a grid of electrodes to a person's tongue,
>>> and after an hour or two they were able to navigate around a normal
>>> office block without using their eyes.
>>
>> What were the electrodes connected to? A low res webcam?
>
> Indeed, yes.

Then yup, heard of it.

I also saw a little vibrating device you put on your finger... Connected
to a microphone and an amplifier... It's impressive how much deaf people
"hear" with that thing. Not to the point of hearing loud noises. To the
point of recognizing different music.

Post a reply to this message