POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ratatouille Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Ratatouille (Message 10 to 19 of 59)
<<< Previous 9 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Ratatouille
Date: 21 Mar 2008 17:22:12
Message: <47e43514@news.povray.org>
Dan Byers wrote:
> Cool as the graphics were, the storytelling was even better.  This is why Pixar
> is still head-and-shoulders above just about everyone else.  They don't assume
> their audiences are either complete morons or are all under age six.  My two
> cents.

Dreamworks, for pretty much its whole time in the business, has resorted
either to fairly predictable stories, or filling the flick with one gag
after the next.  When the gags are good, like they were in Shrek and
Shrek II, the results are good, but when the gags are no longer funny
the film loses its appeal.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message