POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ratatouille : Re: Ratatouille Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ratatouille
From: scott
Date: 25 Mar 2008 05:08:37
Message: <47e8cf25@news.povray.org>
>  Very cool graphics, IMO. Fur and water effects, especially.

I bought it on Blu-Ray the day it was released (not on purpose, I just
happened to see it at the airport that day and thought "oh i didn't realise
it was out yet").

Yes, the graphics and animation are really impressive, even my non-tech gf
commented on how cool it looked when he was going down the sewer water.  The
level of detail is amazing, often you don't notice until you pause the film
then start looking around.  As always, numerous references are included to
previous pixar films and shorts, I always enjoy looking for them!

There are several papers on the pixar website that explain the techniques
used in this film.

http://graphics.pixar.com/

(link posted again incase you missed the previous 32423432 times it was
posted here)