POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ratatouille Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Ratatouille (Message 21 to 30 of 59)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Ratatouille
Date: 26 Mar 2008 08:58:40
Message: <47ea5690@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:15:42 +0100, scott wrote:

>>> Btw, there's a short animation in the DVD called "Lifted" which is
>>> graphically perhaps even more impressive. And funny too.
>>
>> Yes, loved Lifted.  Have you seen the Pixar Shorts DVD?
>
> Absolutely brilliant, my favourites are For the Birds, Boundin, and the
> one with the two street musicians (can't remember the name).  The visual
> quality is stunning.

Yes, I particularly liked the one with the street musicians - that one
was new for us.  For the Birds is a blast as well, but my wife is
particularly fond of Luxo Jr.  To get the emotions of the two lamps
across the way they did was pure genius.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Yes, I particularly liked the one with the street musicians - that one
> was new for us.  For the Birds is a blast as well, but my wife is
> particularly fond of Luxo Jr.  To get the emotions of the two lamps
> across the way they did was pure genius.

Indeed, my favourite part is when the big ball comes rolling in, how they
could induce so much emotion from such simple geometry is brilliant.

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:41:01 +0100, scott wrote:

>> Yes, I particularly liked the one with the street musicians - that one
>> was new for us.  For the Birds is a blast as well, but my wife is
>> particularly fond of Luxo Jr.  To get the emotions of the two lamps
>> across the way they did was pure genius.
>
> Indeed, my favourite part is when the big ball comes rolling in, how
> they could induce so much emotion from such simple geometry is
> brilliant.

Yes - though my favourite bit is when the small ball is punctured - the
sadness conveyed by Jr. is just incredible storytelling - like you said,
from such simple geometry, and with no facial expressions (just movement).

Jim

Post a reply to this message