POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ratatouille : Re: Ratatouille Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ratatouille
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 26 Mar 2008 12:22:07
Message: <47ea863f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, maybe at animation.  But it's also a huge server farm and a lot of
>> people.  I'm sure that most of them couldn't program in Haskell, so
>> you've got one up on them as well.

Oh *really*? I would think something like Haskell is probably highly
relevant to their area of work, so I'd be seriously surprised if none of
them have even researched into...

> Mark VandeWettering, Pixar's technical director (also software engineer,
> optimization artist etc. since Toy Story), has a few things to say about
> Haskell ;) http://brainwagon.org/2006/11/27/why-haskell-indeed/

...oh, well there we are then. (And yes, I do take his point.)

> Perhap Andy should send him his resume...

Uh... Pixar? Isn't that in America?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/