POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hint for the day... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Hint for the day... (Message 15 to 24 of 54)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Hint for the day...
Date: 25 Mar 2008 17:30:14
Message: <47e97cf6$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:27:34 +0000, St. wrote:

> "somebody" <x### [at] ycom> wrote in message news:47e27bd1$1@news.povray.org...
>> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote
>>
>>> Do not uninstall your DVD device driver in Windows while you are in
>>> the process of burning a DVD.  It makes Windows ... sad. Or should I
>>> say,
>> blue?
>>
>> Tomorrow: Do not cut the branch you are sitting on...
>
>       Yes, don't.  ;)
>
>     And also, don't stand under the branch you're cutting springs to
>     mind
> too.
>
>       ~Steve~

Was talking to a friend of mine the other day who was installing a fan in
her bathroom.  She learned the hard way that standing underneath it while
installing it was a bad idea (it slipped and hit her in the head).

The fan was not damaged in the fall.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 25 Mar 2008 17:30:14 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom>
wrote:

>Was talking to a friend of mine the other day who was installing a fan in
>her bathroom.  She learned the hard way that standing underneath it while
>installing it was a bad idea (it slipped and hit her in the head).

But if you can hold the fan in place with your head, it is as good as
another pair of hands. :-)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:49:29 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 25 Mar 2008 17:30:14 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>Was talking to a friend of mine the other day who was installing a fan
>>in her bathroom.  She learned the hard way that standing underneath it
>>while installing it was a bad idea (it slipped and hit her in the head).
>
> But if you can hold the fan in place with your head, it is as good as
> another pair of hands. :-)

Only as long as it doesn't require manipulation. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message