POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backup Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Backup (Message 9 to 18 of 58)
<<< Previous 8 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Tom Austin
Subject: Re: Backup
Date: 18 Mar 2008 14:38:37
Message: <47e01a3d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> scott wrote:
>>> No, the limitation I'm running into now is space, not time.
>>
>> Buy some bigger tapes then, or more of the current ones?
>
> DDS only goes up to a maximum of 80 GB. My server holds 103 GB. Time to
> move to a different tape technology - but which one? There are many to
> choose from.

I'm backing up 180 GB at the moment

The storage space for data is 250GB.

The backup space available is 250GB - but not everything in the data is
backed up.

Backups take 2.5 hours to run at the moment.

Tom

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 18 Mar 2008 18:17:31
Message: <47e04d8b@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> DDS only goes up to a maximum of 80 GB. My server holds 103 GB.

Sorry. Something looks wrong in these numbers. 103 GB? You don't mean
103T?  I can't even go to the store and buy a hard drive that small,
unless it's a laptop hard drive. You could mirror the whole drive every
day of the week for about $500.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"