POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game Server Time
10 Oct 2024 21:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Another week, another impossible game (Message 25 to 34 of 34)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Re: Another week, another impossible game
Date: 17 Mar 2008 07:54:14
Message: <op.t75vg4agc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:35:25 -0000, scott <sco### [at] laptopcom> did
spake, saying:

>> Ah good to see realism alive and well in video games; 14 direct hits
>> from a RL and *then* it gets damaged. Does it have force fields or
>> something?
>
> Even better is the dude standing in the doorway of the helicopter who
> manages to stay alive while 5 rockets hit him in the face.

Definitely a force field then, presumably a flicker one tuned to the
weapon's fire rate to allow the bullets to pass through ;-)

Thinking about it though if you did project a force field around a
helicoptor (or aeroplane for that matter) would it still fly? I presume if
an object hits it then all energy is absorbed or redirected so you
wouldn't rattle around like a ice-cube in a glass?

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message