POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game : Re: Another week, another impossible game Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another week, another impossible game
From: St
Date: 20 Mar 2008 11:19:44
Message: <47e28ea0@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> And lo on Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:46:10 -0000, Gail Shaw sa dot com>
> <"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:

>>> Wait - I thought you *can't* save the game except where it lets you
>>> save?
>>
>> *You* can't. It's one of those cheats you hate. *g*
>>
>> But if you want....
>>
>> ~ to bring up the console, then type save_game
>
> Which makes you wonder why it exists at all. For testing and demo purposes
> you're going to want level warps and AI toggles, but a save_game command
> smacks to me of a developer getting fed-up of trudging between sections to
> test things out. Good enough for them, not good enough for us :-P

     Well, not really, at least not in FarCry and Crysis because in both
editors 1 and 2, you can set your camera speed to whatever you want. 1 is
default and anything above that doubles incrementally (I think). Well, at
least, 5 is fast enough to shoot you over to the other side of  a 4048x4048
map in no time at all.

      In FarCry though, I think it was a user that developed the save_game
code, not sure about Crysis yet.

     ~Steve~