POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SQL help Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  SQL help (Message 21 to 30 of 44)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: SQL help
Date: 8 Mar 2008 04:49:08
Message: <47d26114$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

>> PS. Apparently "I see plenty of people who claim to know SQL who do
>> worse than you did. You're really underselling yourself, Andrew. I
>> wasn't even expecting you to ATTEMPT those last few..."
>
> Yup. I see that too. People claiming to have 4 years of SQL experience and
> can't write a  basic select statement

Yeah, well, like I said, the test was pretty basic. I was expecting them
to test me on something, like, hard...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 8 Mar 2008 05:13:50
Message: <47d266de@news.povray.org>
> Gail Shaw wrote:
>
> >> PS. Apparently "I see plenty of people who claim to know SQL who do
> >> worse than you did. You're really underselling yourself, Andrew. I
> >> wasn't even expecting you to ATTEMPT those last few..."
> >
> > Yup. I see that too. People claiming to have 4 years of SQL experience
and
> > can't write a  basic select statement
>
> Yeah, well, like I said, the test was pretty basic. I was expecting them
> to test me on something, like, hard...

That last question wasn't exactly easy.

Still, a lot of the people I get to interview wouldn't do well on that test.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 8 Mar 2008 06:54:28
Message: <47d27e74@news.povray.org>
>> Yeah, well, like I said, the test was pretty basic. I was expecting them
>> to test me on something, like, hard...
>
> That last question wasn't exactly easy.
>
> Still, a lot of the people I get to interview wouldn't do well on that test.

As I said, most of the questions were like "list all the posts that have
more than 10 posts, sorted in date order". Really taxing...

[In case it isn't clear, you'd need to perform a join for that. But even
so...]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> >> Yeah, well, like I said, the test was pretty basic. I was expecting
them
> >> to test me on something, like, hard...
> >
> > That last question wasn't exactly easy.
> >
> > Still, a lot of the people I get to interview wouldn't do well on that
test.

> As I said, most of the questions were like "list all the posts that have
> more than 10 posts, sorted in date order". Really taxing...

And as I said, a large number of people I've interviewed would have done
really badly on that.

Do I have to repeat myself any more times? I did comprehend what you wrote
first time.

Post a reply to this message