POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using Excel as a 3D engine Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:30 EDT (-0400)
  Using Excel as a 3D engine (Message 1 to 10 of 45)
From: scott
Subject: Using Excel as a 3D engine
Date: 7 Mar 2008 02:47:04
Message: <47d0f2f8$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3563/microsoft_excel_revolutionary_3d_.php

While this may be pushing it a bit far, Excel is actually useful for doing a
lot more than most people realise...

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine
Date: 7 Mar 2008 03:07:58
Message: <47d0f7de$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> While this may be pushing it a bit far, Excel is actually useful for
> doing a lot more than most people realise...

Excel is a first-order functional programming language with a
sophisticated UI. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 10 Mar 2008 04:28:00
Message: <47d4ff20@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Excel is a first-order functional programming language with a
> sophisticated UI. ;-)

Now, just imagine if Excel would use Haskell instead of VB - you could
use the same language for the cell formulas and the macros! :-D

Hmm, pitty it'll never happen...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/