POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  RIP Gary Gygax (Message 1 to 10 of 230)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: RIP Gary Gygax
Date: 5 Mar 2008 10:06:50
Message: <47ceb70a@news.povray.org>
Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/04/obit.gygax.ap/index.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Subject: Re: RIP Gary Gygax
Date: 5 Mar 2008 11:43:39
Message: <47cecdbb$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/03/04

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"

From: Invisible
Date: 5 Mar 2008 11:46:10
Message: <47cece52$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.

Suddenly it makes much more sense...

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/03/04/dnd-kitteh-morns-loss-of-gary-gygax/

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Date: 5 Mar 2008 12:02:35
Message: <op.t7jyxacyc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:07:12 -0000, Gail Shaw sa dot com>

<"<initialsurname"@sentech> did spake, saying:

http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/ffn/index.php?date=2008-03-04

--

Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 5 Mar 2008 13:42:14
Message: <47cee986@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw schrieb:
> Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/04/obit.gygax.ap/index.html

I just saw it on wikipedia. There goes my childhood and many weekend and
nights ...
Boy I am gettin old.

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 5 Mar 2008 13:46:53
Message: <47ceea9d@news.povray.org>
"Marc Schimmler" <mar### [at] webde> wrote in message
> Gail Shaw schrieb:
> > Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/04/obit.gygax.ap/index.html
> >

> I just saw it on wikipedia. There goes my childhood and many weekend and
> nights ...
> Boy I am gettin old.

What does getting old have to do with D&D? I have a game on this sunday.

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 5 Mar 2008 14:47:22
Message: <47cef8ca$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw schrieb:
> "Marc Schimmler" <mar### [at] webde> wrote in message
>> Gail Shaw schrieb:
>>> Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.
>>>
>>> http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/04/obit.gygax.ap/index.html
>>>

>> I just saw it on wikipedia. There goes my childhood and many weekend and
>> nights ...
>> Boy I am gettin old.
>
> What does getting old have to do with D&D? I have a game on this sunday.

Getting old means that all the idols you had as a boy die one by one and
you notice that your boys have reached the age you started playing AD&D.
I had not the time in the last ten years to play any roleplaying games
but I still have all the old stuff. Some of them already valuable.
I plan to play a game in the next during the easter holidays with my
boys. Lets wait and see.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Mar 2008 15:04:39
Message: <47cefcd7$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:50:35 +0100, Marc Schimmler wrote:

> Some of them already valuable.

Ain't that the truth.  I've seen copies of the 2E Monster Manual and
Fiend Folio that were worth a couple hundred bucks each.

One that I loved playing when I was in about 6th grade was Chainmail - we
usually only used the jousting element during recess, but it was a great
way to kill time in the library.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 5 Mar 2008 16:18:08
Message: <47cf0e10$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/04/obit.gygax.ap/index.html

I heard.  My reaction was, "What, someone told him about D&D 4.0?"

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.digitalartsuk.com

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Date: 5 Mar 2008 17:36:02
Message: <47cf2052@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/04/obit.gygax.ap/index.html

He failed his saving throw.

Regards,
John