POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 5 Mar 2008 14:47:22
Message: <47cef8ca$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw schrieb:
> "Marc Schimmler" <mar### [at] webde> wrote in message
>> Gail Shaw schrieb:
>>> Gary Gygax, co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons, died tuesday morning.
>>>
>>> http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/04/obit.gygax.ap/index.html
>>>

>> I just saw it on wikipedia. There goes my childhood and many weekend and
>> nights ...
>> Boy I am gettin old.
>
> What does getting old have to do with D&D? I have a game on this sunday.

Getting old means that all the idols you had as a boy die one by one and
you notice that your boys have reached the age you started playing AD&D.
I had not the time in the last ten years to play any roleplaying games
but I still have all the old stuff. Some of them already valuable.
I plan to play a game in the next during the easter holidays with my
boys. Lets wait and see.