POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  RIP Gary Gygax (Message 91 to 100 of 230)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: RIP Gary Gygax
Date: 8 Mar 2008 16:00:36
Message: <47d2fe74@news.povray.org>
> And yet, M$ Word is still as slow today as it was all those years ago...

  No, it isn't. Take MS Word from those days and run it in a modern
computer and let's see if it's as slow as then.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Mar 2008 16:05:19
Message: <47d2ff8f@news.povray.org>
Warp escribió:
>> And yet, M$ Word is still as slow today as it was all those years ago...
>
>   No, it isn't. Take MS Word from those days and run it in a modern
> computer and let's see if it's as slow as then.

He means a *current* Word on a *current* computer is as slow as the old
Word on an old computer. Software gets slower at around the same rate as
computers get faster (well, GUI stuff... CPU-intensive software like
POV-Ray does notice the speedups, or the increase in quality).

Post a reply to this message

> He means a *current* Word on a *current* computer is as slow as the old
> Word on an old computer. Software gets slower at around the same rate as
> computers get faster.

And I find this extremely annoying. But apparently I am entirely alone
in this opinion, so...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/