POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Warp
Date: 8 Mar 2008 17:21:16
Message: <47d3115c@news.povray.org>
> > He means a *current* Word on a *current* computer is as slow as the old
> > Word on an old computer. Software gets slower at around the same rate as
> > computers get faster.

> And I find this extremely annoying. But apparently I am entirely alone
> in this opinion, so...

  If you liked Word from 10 years ago, nothing stops you from taking it
and using it in your current supercomputer. It will be much faster than
it was 10 years ago.

  You seem to refuse to accept that modern software *does more* than 10
years old software. You always talk as if they did the *exact same thing*,
just much more slowly.

--
                                                          - Warp