POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Adventures with digital painting (Message 31 to 40 of 197)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Adventures with digital painting
Date: 6 Mar 2008 15:20:39
Message: <47d05217@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
> If you are interested in a fairly powerful drawing package, get Paint shop
> Pro. See if you can find version 9, I hear it went strange after that.
> It's way cheaper than photoshop, but has a lot of good drawing and photo
> manip features. Probably better for the hobbiest than Photoshop.

  Searching at amazon, it seems that it's indeed quite cheap. amazon.co.uk
doesn't seem to have version 9, but version 8 sells at 27 pounds. At
amazon.com version 9 sells at 10 dollars.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:20:39 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Gail Shaw <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
>> If you are interested in a fairly powerful drawing package, get Paint
>> shop
>> Pro. See if you can find version 9, I hear it went strange after that.
>> It's way cheaper than photoshop, but has a lot of good drawing and photo
>> manip features. Probably better for the hobbiest than Photoshop.
>
>  Searching at amazon, it seems that it's indeed quite cheap. amazon.co.uk
> doesn't seem to have version 9, but version 8 sells at 27 pounds. At
> amazon.com version 9 sells at 10 dollars.

As I recall from when I actually used PSP, version 8 was the best in the
series. It started going downhill when Corel stepped in.

--
FE

Post a reply to this message