POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting : Re: Adventures with digital painting Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with digital painting
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 7 Mar 2008 03:24:53
Message: <47d0fbd5$1@news.povray.org>
>>> *g* Being a university student is so handy sometimes...
>> Oh yeah! I miss the 100 mbit/sec Internet pipe... :-{
>
> *blink* Never seen one of those. *envy*

Yeah. Back when I was at uni, "broadband" hadn't been invented yet.
Everybody accessed the Internet with 36KB modems. If they could afford
such an expensive device, and the ISP charges to go with it. (Assuming
your ISP supported 36KB yet.) And sitting at uni, I had 100 Mbit to play
with! (OK, shared between me and 80 other people in the building, but
still...)

Some of the guys in the NERV clan *still* get 100 Mbit. Oh to be young
again...

[Mind you, some of those guys get SEX too. Lucky ****s!]

> I get the student discount in some places, even thought I'm a working
> part-time student. All they check for is the student card.

My sister kept her card for years after she finished uni. Used it
everywhere. Took a while for people to start noticing... ;-)

Come to think of it, both me and my sister have the "student" version of
M$ Office. I don't know *how* it's supposed to tell whether you're a
student or not...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/