POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Adventures with digital painting (Message 118 to 127 of 197)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Adventures with digital painting
Date: 11 Mar 2008 13:16:55
Message: <47d6cc97$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> The trouble with Windoze is that *everything* is one gigantic lump. (And
> it's a very buggy, undocumented and unreliable lump at that.)

No, it's just a bunch of tightly-coupled pieces you have to be a
programmer to get at. Instead of using files to pass around data,
windows uses APIs. And it isn't especially undocumented. It just costs
money to go to the classes that teach you the stuff properly, and there
isn't source code available.

It's not like IIS is less documented than Apache, or the Windows
graphics stuff is less documented than X-Windows.

> Why can't somebody build an OS with a *sane* level of granularity?? What
> would be so hard about that?

Because one size doesn't fit all?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)