POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Adventures with digital painting (Message 11 to 20 of 197)
From: Orchid XP v7
Subject: Re: Adventures with digital painting
Date: 4 Mar 2008 16:18:20
Message: <47cdbc9c$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> The "You suck at Photoshop" series is both useful and funny (and sad...).

Phaaahahahahahaaaaaa...! WTF?!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: stbenge
Date: 5 Mar 2008 02:00:52
Message: <47ce4524@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I didn't get very far with the GIMP. The extreme uncontrollability of
> the lines made me give up rather quickly. PhotoShop seems much better in
> this regard, although I still couldn't get decent curves out of the
> cheap optical mouse.

I know a way to smooth jagged lines in the GIMP.

1) Draw your line in black and white.

2) Apply gaussian blur with a largish radius (10-40).

3) Choose 'curves' from Layer>Colors>Curves and squeeze the black near
the white to constrain the curve (but keep each at their respective y
positions).

You should be left with much smoother lines, but intersecting areas will
appear slightly 'blobbed'.

I know a way to fill antialiased areas with perfect fills and paints.

1) Select an area to fill with the magic wand tool.

2) Go to Select>Grow and grow selection by 1 or 2 pixels.

3) If
   3.1) Area is white:
     Select blending mode 'multiply' for your paint tool
   3.2) Area is colored:
     Select blending mode (edit) 'Overlay' for your paint tool and choose
white for your color. Paint until the area is white again.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

>      Select blending mode 'multiply' for your paint tool
>    3.2) Area is colored:
>      Select blending mode (edit) 'Overlay' for your paint tool and choose
> white for your color. Paint until the area is white again.

  Of you could simply use the selection in a lower layer and flood-fill
the selection there.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message