POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires (Message 61 to 70 of 75)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Seemingly they don't understand the concept of winter tires
Date: 29 Feb 2008 13:40:32
Message: <47c851a0@news.povray.org>
> You pay taxes, I pay an insurance premium.  Either way, you and I both
> pay to get cured.

  Except that the tax is a certain % of your income while an insurance
is usually a fixed amount of money. To some people this fixed amount may
be very large compared to their income (which may be next to zero).
Paying taxes could be a much better way for them.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:40:32 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> You pay taxes, I pay an insurance premium.  Either way, you and I both
>> pay to get cured.
>
>   Except that the tax is a certain % of your income while an insurance
> is usually a fixed amount of money.

Depends on the program you enroll in.  There's also a deduction on my pay
for Medicare, which is a percentage and IIRC also applies to those who
can't afford insurance.

> To some people this fixed amount may
> be very large compared to their income (which may be next to zero).
> Paying taxes could be a much better way for them.

I don't entirely disagree - I think our system over here could definitely
use some reform.

Jim

Post a reply to this message