POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  And today, C# (Message 63 to 72 of 82)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: And today, C#
Date: 15 Feb 2008 16:46:14
Message: <47b60826$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escribió:
>> Lots
>> of bugs reappeared (like many that had been fixed in Windows 95, ping of
>> death anyone?).
>
> Great....

...bugs that were of course fixed long before the final Vista release! I
thought I'd better clarify that :)

http://www.grc.com/SecurityNow.htm#51

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Feb 2008 17:01:12
Message: <47b60ba8$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:46:10 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Jim Henderson escribió:
>>> Lots
>>> of bugs reappeared (like many that had been fixed in Windows 95, ping
>>> of death anyone?).
>>
>> Great....
>
> ...bugs that were of course fixed long before the final Vista release! I
> thought I'd better clarify that :)
>
> http://www.grc.com/SecurityNow.htm#51

Yeah, I understood that, but it seems that some didn't. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 20 Feb 2008 16:06:00
Message: <47bc9638$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>  Why not disallow diamond inheritance?
>
>> Technically, you can't, since there's a common base type for all objects
>> in those languages.
>
>   No, there isn't: The so-called "interfaces" are not inherited from the
> common base class.

Interfaces aren't objects. They're types.

The rest snipped, because I agree with you. I'm not saying MI is
especially hard to get right. I'm just saying you can't disallow diamond
inheritance in a language where everything inherits from the same base
class.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?

Post a reply to this message