POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  And today, C# (Message 41 to 50 of 82)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: And today, C#
Date: 13 Feb 2008 06:03:16
Message: <47b2ce74$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Me, I dislike anything that says "Lisp" in it. :-S
>
>   Says the person who is infatuated with functional languages such as
> Haskell...

Aren't you that guy who loves C++ but hates C? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Warp
Date: 13 Feb 2008 06:13:04
Message: <47b2d0c0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> Me, I dislike anything that says "Lisp" in it. :-S
> >
> >   Says the person who is infatuated with functional languages such as
> > Haskell...

> Aren't you that guy who loves C++ but hates C? ;-)

  C isn't object-oriented.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 13 Feb 2008 06:15:35
Message: <47b2d157$1@news.povray.org>
>>>   Says the person who is infatuated with functional languages such as
>>> Haskell...
>
>> Aren't you that guy who loves C++ but hates C? ;-)
>
>   C isn't object-oriented.

True. But C and C++ are vastly more closely related than Haskell and Lisp.

[And if you wanted to split hairs, Haskell is a pure-functional
language, while Lisp isn't.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> [And if you wanted to split hairs, Haskell is a pure-functional
> language, while Lisp isn't.]

  A pure-functional language which has things like indexable arrays and
assignment? Hardly.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message