POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And today, C# Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  And today, C# (Message 31 to 40 of 82)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: And today, C#
Date: 12 Feb 2008 16:19:04
Message: <47b20d48$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   What's wrong with .NET?

Un-cross-compatibility. Get .Net 1.1 -software, .Net 2.0 -software and
.Net 3.0 -software, one for each. Something light, like a simple
card-game. Now, open them all up simultaniously and check the consumed
resources - while .Net -environments are not (fully, to some extent they
are) cross-compatible, you won't get off with just loading .Net 3.0, but
you'll have every one of them ripping theier (big) bits of memory.

AFAIK frameworks like .Net should ease up programming by providing basic
functions allready-coded and ease up resource-consuming as being
something like shared libraries. Need of multiple versions of the same
frameworks simultaniously just.. hmm.. breaks this illusion.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message