POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Daily WTF [again] Server Time
15 May 2024 18:59:34 EDT (-0400)
  The Daily WTF [again] (Message 372 to 381 of 381)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: The Daily WTF [again]
Date: 14 Feb 2008 16:47:05
Message: <47b4b6d9@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:31:04 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Try "n" to go to the next unread message (IIRC, that's the shortcut in
>> Thunderbird).
>
> N is for Neato... :-D

See, it does pay to learn how to use the tools? ;-) <again, scnr>

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Feb 2008 16:48:49
Message: <47b4b741$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:36:13 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Jim Henderson escribió:
>> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:18:24 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>> How about doing the right thing and changing the post Subject: field
>>> when the subject actually changes? :)
>>
>> That would be too confusing - it is off-topic, after all, so why should
>> the topic of the post match the subject line? ;-)
>
> Not confusing - it's done all the time on mailing lists.

That's mailing lists, not newsgroups.  Some borken readers thread by
subject.  But I was meaning in a more esoteric way it's confusing - it's
off-topic, so at least we're consistent in being off-topic in content vs.
subject.  It's a kinda "meta" thing. :-)

> http://stuff.povaddict.com.ar/thread-subject-change.png

Yeah, this isn't my first online discussion or e-mail list discussion.
Been doing this for many, many years.

Jim

Post a reply to this message