POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Daily WTF [again] : Re: The Daily WTF [again] Server Time
29 May 2024 04:41:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Daily WTF [again]
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Feb 2008 16:48:49
Message: <47b4b741$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:36:13 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Jim Henderson escribió:
>> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:18:24 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>> How about doing the right thing and changing the post Subject: field
>>> when the subject actually changes? :)
>>
>> That would be too confusing - it is off-topic, after all, so why should
>> the topic of the post match the subject line? ;-)
>
> Not confusing - it's done all the time on mailing lists.

That's mailing lists, not newsgroups.  Some borken readers thread by
subject.  But I was meaning in a more esoteric way it's confusing - it's
off-topic, so at least we're consistent in being off-topic in content vs.
subject.  It's a kinda "meta" thing. :-)

> http://stuff.povaddict.com.ar/thread-subject-change.png

Yeah, this isn't my first online discussion or e-mail list discussion.
Been doing this for many, many years.

Jim