POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think I need more cores... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  I think I need more cores... (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: I think I need more cores...
Date: 12 Feb 2008 04:10:13
Message: <47b16275$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> "Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>
>> OOC, how many cores does your server have? (Mine has 2. And they're both
>> Pentium-III...)
>
> Which one? I have somewhere around 50 database servers, and those are just
> the ones that run production databases.

Woah. I have 4 servers. One of them is dedicated to Oracle.

But then, I have 30 users, so... you have more servers than I have
users. ;-)

> The one in question was a 2 proc server with hyperthreading, so windows
> thought there were 4 processors. I can't remember what speed. We managed to
> get that app transfered to another department. SEP now.

Ah, SEP fields FTW!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 12 Feb 2008 10:36:05
Message: <47b1bce5@news.povray.org>
> Gail Shaw wrote:
> > Which one? I have somewhere around 50 database servers, and those are
just
> > the ones that run production databases.
>
> Woah. I have 4 servers. One of them is dedicated to Oracle.
>
> But then, I have 30 users, so... you have more servers than I have
> users. ;-)

I work for an investment bank. Enough said.
We've got about 1200 staff. How many of them use what server, I don't know
offhand.

My servers range from single processor to 16 dual cores. Memory from 1 GB to
64 GB

> > The one in question was a 2 proc server with hyperthreading, so windows
> > thought there were 4 processors. I can't remember what speed. We managed
> > get that app transfered to another department. SEP now.
>
> Ah, SEP fields FTW!

???

SEP = Someone Else's Problem

Post a reply to this message