POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CD collection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:40 EDT (-0400)
  CD collection (Message 91 to 100 of 166)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: CD collection
Date: 9 Feb 2008 05:30:01
Message: <web.47ad8082d8699a0492d5f5a30@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> >"I wouldn't recognise any of the others", the other being Beethoven and Mozart.
> >Come on!  Even the chinese behind the Great Wall know Beethoven and Mozart!!
>
> Sadly this view is all too common in Britain :(

I thought so.  Perhaps just Elgar, Handel, Johann Christian Bach, Haydn and a
few others who actually went to England are appreciated, which is a shame.
Perhaps the British should come out of their hobbit-holes more often and see
what a big world full of wonders it is out there...

Post a reply to this message

>>> "I wouldn't recognise any of the others", the other being Beethoven and Mozart.
>>> Come on!  Even the chinese behind the Great Wall know Beethoven and Mozart!!
>> Sadly this view is all too common in Britain :(
>
> I thought so.  Perhaps just Elgar, Handel, Johann Christian Bach, Haydn and a
> few others who actually went to England are appreciated, which is a shame.
> Perhaps the British should come out of their hobbit-holes more often and see
> what a big world full of wonders it is out there...

Oh, sure, because *one* person who lives in Britain doesn't like
classical music all that much, the whole country must be like that. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/