POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really Cool TV idea Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Really Cool TV idea (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Chambers
Subject: Really Cool TV idea
Date: 5 Feb 2008 01:13:02
Message: <47a7fe6e$1@news.povray.org>
I was at Best Buy the other day, and saw a TV that ran at 120hz.  It
didn't just refresh at that rate, though; it actually created new frames
to put in between the others.

This means that, for each of the 30 whole frames you get off the DVD,
you would get 3 additional frames interpolated between them.

It doesn't help still pictures any, but when anything is moving on it...
WOW.  I can not begin to describe how much more lifelike it is.

I would love to see that thing running a PS3 or something...

--
...Ben Chambers
ben at pacific web guy dot com (no spaces)

Post a reply to this message

> I was at Best Buy the other day, and saw a TV that ran at 120hz.  It
> didn't just refresh at that rate, though; it actually created new frames
> to put in between the others.

Cool. Does it just interpolate the colors, or does it actually try to detect
motion to make an educated guess about what should appear between two
frames?

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message