POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Groundhog day Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Groundhog day (Message 31 to 40 of 52)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Groundhog day
Date: 4 Feb 2008 18:40:27
Message: <47a7a26b$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:05:05 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Jim Henderson escribió:
>> On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:48:13 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>>
>>> Er... have you *seen* Charley's Angels?
>>
>> Why did I read that as "Charley's Angles"?
>
> Because you have been raytracing for too long.

LOL, that's possibly true. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Feb 2008 18:41:28
Message: <47a7a2a8$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:06:58 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>>> Or Ghost Busters?
>>
>> Oh, now, Ghostbusters is a great movie!
>
> Yes. But not because of his character.

Well, I'd have to say that without Murray, the film wouldn't have been
the same....<g>

> Ghostbusters II - Not Good(tm)...

I don't have much memory of that one.

But I have to admit I also liked Scrooged....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 4 Feb 2008 20:15:00
Message: <web.47a7b800b9e9725cb3fdebb10@news.povray.org>

> >> Oh, now, Ghostbusters is a great movie!
> >
> > Yes. But not because of his character.
>
> Well, I'd have to say that without Murray, the film wouldn't have been
> the same....<g>

Definitely!  Have you seen "What about Bob?"?  It's the film he worked on just
before Groundhog.  By Frank Oz and with Richard Dreyfuss playing Bill's
psychiatrist.  Very fun movie as well. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_About_Bob%3F

seems Spielberg liked Murray's performance so much that started a campaign to
get him an Oscar nomination...

BTW, Murray is also the voice of Garfield in the movies...

you can't go wrong with Dr. Pete Venckman or Garfield! :))

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:48:13 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>
>> Er... have you *seen* Charley's Angels?
>
> Why did I read that as "Charley's Angles"?

They're more curves than angles, methinks.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?

Post a reply to this message

> Definitely!  Have you seen "What about Bob?"?

Yes. I hated that too...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/