POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fallacy question Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Fallacy question (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: Fallacy question
Date: 1 Feb 2008 06:00:27
Message: <op.t5ud7znsc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to think of the term used to describe a paticular fallacy -

'If you do it for X (greater) you have to do it for Y (lesser)'

a better example would be "Please tell me you aren't suggesting that we
put planning applications to public votes? Only major applications or
would Auntie Nellies kitchen extension also need a referendum?"

For some reason I've got 'in extremis' stuck in my head and not wanting to
leave. I can't spot it in Wikipedia nor does it seem I can phrase the
correct request for Google.

And so I turn to the font of all knowledge in the hopes of removing this
nagging annoyance from my mind.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> I'm trying to think of the term used to describe a paticular fallacy -

> 'If you do it for X (greater) you have to do it for Y (lesser)'

  Sounds like a slippery slope to me.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message