POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Game opinions (Message 31 to 40 of 112)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Game opinions
Date: 2 Feb 2008 14:56:42
Message: <47a4cafa$1@news.povray.org>

> I guess that's what it comes down to. The only way I'm going to complete
> this thing is by spending several very boring days playing and replaying
> the same 4 minutes of gameplay until I get lucky. *sigh*

If you'll get bored, what's the point in playing? The idea of games is
to have fun, isn't it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Feb 2008 14:57:18
Message: <47a4cb1e$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 08:15:55 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, the Pavilion I have has a 6150LE in it; I don't know if that's
>> high- end or not.
>
> 6xxx -> GeForce 6 series. (Current = 8 series.)
>
> x150 -> low number -> low-end. (Compared to other 6 series models. Can't
> easily compare between different series.)
>
> LE -> Light Edition -> lower-end.
>
> (OTOH, endings like GT or GTX mean "suped up".)

Ah, OK - I knew there probably was a method to the scheme used for
numbering.  So probably a bad idea to play with Aero on it.  Good thing I
run Linux. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> I guess that's what it comes down to. The only way I'm going to
>> complete this thing is by spending several very boring days playing
>> and replaying the same 4 minutes of gameplay until I get lucky. *sigh*
>>

> If you'll get bored, what's the point in playing? The idea of games is
> to have fun, isn't it?

Three guesses why I haven't done this part yet...

[I do, however, want to see how it ends.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/