POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions : Re: Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game opinions
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Feb 2008 20:35:32
Message: <MPG.220ec82b3459aca498a0f6@news.povray.org>
In article <47a4c525$1@news.povray.org>, Sabrina Kilian <"ykgp at
vtSPAM.edu"> says...

> >>   It's not that hard. Destroy the hunters, then the strider, save.
> >> Go to the next strider and repeat.
> >
> > It's the "destroy the hunters" part that I can't pull off. They're
> > almost indestructible. I mean, I managed to kill one of them, but now I
> > have almost no ammo left at all. I used all of it to kill just one hunt
er!

> After beating it, I learned that hunters have a vulnerability to
> automobile tires moving at around 45mph / 72kph.
>
> First time through, I spent all the shotgun ammo on the first few
> hunters, then switched between the crossbow and any grenade/rocket on
> hand. That took more saves and restarts then I care to admit.

Wait... The hunters in 2 don't have the vulnerability where you can
shoot them in the back to kill them? Useful when you have sniper rifle.
;) But seriously, at least in Halo 1, they have *no* armor at all in the
lower back, where you can see a patch of orange, sort of V shaped. Mind
you, haven't played 2, since a) I don't have an XBox and b) I don't have
fracking Vista. :p

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {