POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game opinions Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Game opinions (Message 11 to 20 of 112)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Game opinions
Date: 1 Feb 2008 09:44:29
Message: <47a3304d@news.povray.org>
news:47a2f38f$1@news.povray.org...
> Has anybody here played either Far Cry or Crysis?

Far cry was fun. Very difficult, but fun. My rather old machine handled it
just fine.

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:23:30
Message: <47a33972$1@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
>>   Crysis *can* use DX10, but it can also be run on DX9, without the
>> DX10-specific features (although, as has been demonstrated, many of
>> the alleged "DX10-specific" features used by the game are actually
>> supported by DX9 after all).
>
> ...so what you're saying is, Crysis can use DirectX 9 or DirectX 10,
> whichever is available. (?)

    Yep, that's it in one.

     ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:23:58
Message: <47a3398d@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> ...so what you're saying is, Crysis can use DirectX 9 or DirectX 10,
> whichever is available. (?)

  Yes. Why is that a surprise?

  Granted, I don't know many specifics about the DirectX API, but AFAIK
it has been designed to be quite flexible so that programs can actually
ask the API if some feature is supported (by hardware or at all) or not,
and act accordingly.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message