POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Creepypasta Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Creepypasta (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: Creepypasta
Date: 31 Jan 2008 17:54:43
Message: <47a251b3$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/01/31 16:56:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:29:18 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>
>> Bah, that's *nothing*!
>>
>> I still like the story of the trainee nurse who was cleaning a corpse's
>> body. As she wiped his hand, the long-dead muscle twiched and his
>> fingers clamped around her hand.
>>
>> She flipped her lid. ;-) Well, wouldn't you??
>
> My wife took a course in forensics in college; one time was running late
> for class, so picked up a bowl of chili in the cafeteria and took it with
> her.
>
> Imagine the responses from other students in the class when she used her
> spoon to point out interesting things in the cadaver they were performing
> an autopsy on that day.
>
> Jim
Eating while performing an autopsy? She realy have a well hung stomach.

--
Alain
If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 31 Jan 2008 18:16:11
Message: <47a256bb$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:54:43 -0500, Alain wrote:

> Eating while performing an autopsy? She realy have a well hung stomach.

That's one way of putting it. ;-)

But yes, she does have a strong stomach when it comes to "real" trauma/
blood/etc.  Faked stuff (like in the movies) tends to be really
overblown, and she can't take that, or when it involves animals or
children.

I can handle fake gore pretty well, but the real stuff I can't handle at
all.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: bluetree
Date: 1 Feb 2008 01:40:01
Message: <web.47a2be36721060302b78a1fe0@news.povray.org>
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:29:18 +0000, Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>
> > Bah, that's *nothing*!
> >
> > I still like the story of the trainee nurse who was cleaning a corpse's
> > body. As she wiped his hand, the long-dead muscle twiched and his
> > fingers clamped around her hand.
> >
> > She flipped her lid. ;-) Well, wouldn't you??
>
> My wife took a course in forensics in college; one time was running late
> for class, so picked up a bowl of chili in the cafeteria and took it with
> her.
>
> Imagine the responses from other students in the class when she used her
> spoon to point out interesting things in the cadaver they were performing
> an autopsy on that day.
>
> Jim

And the other students are now suffering a classical conditioning?
Everytime they smell a bowl of chili, they remember the autopsy. ^^

Regards
         bluetree

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 04:25:00
Message: <47a2e56c@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> I can handle fake gore pretty well, but the real stuff I can't handle at
> all.

I remember when we visited my mum in hospital. (I have no idea why we
bothered. She was on another planet. Too much morphine...)

A nurse came to change the drip in her arm, and my sister almost
literally turned green. I have to admit, I was pretty freaked out too...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2008 12:34:07
Message: <47a3580f$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 01:37:42 -0500, bluetree wrote:

> And the other students are now suffering a classical conditioning?
> Everytime they smell a bowl of chili, they remember the autopsy. ^^

LOL!  I don't know about that, but that would be funny.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2008 12:37:37
Message: <47a358e1$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:24:59 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I can handle fake gore pretty well, but the real stuff I can't handle
>> at all.
>
> I remember when we visited my mum in hospital. (I have no idea why we
> bothered. She was on another planet. Too much morphine...)

What was she in for, if you don't mind my asking?  I had a morphine drip
once (when I broke my leg), and it was an interesting sensation; for me,
it didn't dull the pain at all, but I didn't care.  At the same time, it
totally messed with my sense of time.  After the surgery (I broke it
really badly and had to have a rod put in), I was told I could self-
dispense it every 5 minutes, and I'd swear I only pressed it once every 5
minutes, but they had records showing that I tried to dispense it over a
period of a couple of hours about 500 times.

> A nurse came to change the drip in her arm, and my sister almost
> literally turned green. I have to admit, I was pretty freaked out too...

I really don't like needles.  When I was a kid I used to get penicillin
shots (which are dispensed here with a huge honkin' needle in the
backside), and those damned things HURT.

I've been doing allergy shots since August, and I still get tense at the
thought of getting the shots - and when I started, it was a twice-a-week
thing.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2008 21:21:17
Message: <47a3d39d@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Imagine the responses from other students in the class when she used her
> spoon to point out interesting things in the cadaver they were performing
> an autopsy on that day.

http://www.amazon.com/Stiff-Curious-Lives-Human-Cadavers/dp/0393324826/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1

Exceedingly funny book.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Feb 2008 23:28:44
Message: <47a3f17c$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:21:17 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Imagine the responses from other students in the class when she used
>> her spoon to point out interesting things in the cadaver they were
>> performing an autopsy on that day.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Stiff-Curious-Lives-Human-Cadavers/dp/0393324826/
ref=pd_bbs_sr_1

> Exceedingly funny book.

Looks like something we need to add to the reading list. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2008 23:48:17
Message: <47a3f611$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Looks like something we need to add to the reading list. :-)

It's funny mainly because of the way it's told. She's a reporter
basically investigating how donated corpses are used. What happens when
you donate your body to science?  But imagine Stephen Wright telling it.

Like my favorite line: They're in the field, the author, the head of the
facility, and Ron the chauffeur. They're walking around looking at the
bodies decaying, the ones the police set out so they can document the
differences between a body they find that's three days old and five days
old. (You know, like when they ask the "estimated time of death"? That's
how they know. :-)  So they look at one, and it's crawling with maggots.
And the author writes "If you put your face up close (and I don't
recommend this), you can hear them making a crackling noise, like rice
krispies. I tell the director 'it sounds like rice krispies.'  Ron turns
a bit green.  Ron used to like rice krispies."

It still makes me giggle uncontrollably, just writing that. "Ron used to
like rice krispies."

But the entire book contains gems like that. "He had interesting bottles
of scent, used to train search dogs. They say the dogs can smell a bit
of body six months after it's been sealed in concrete. I opened a small
vial marked 'cadaverine', wondering what it was like. After we opened
the windows, turned on the fan, and went out for some coffee, my host
explained how it is they train the dogs."

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Feb 2008 15:01:34
Message: <47a4cc1e$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:48:17 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Looks like something we need to add to the reading list. :-)
>
> It's funny mainly because of the way it's told. She's a reporter
> basically investigating how donated corpses are used. What happens when
> you donate your body to science?  But imagine Stephen Wright telling it.

It looks funny - I read the excerpt up on Amazon, and it did make me
laugh quite a bit.  Another trip to the library is in order, I think.

> Like my favorite line: They're in the field, the author, the head of the
> facility, and Ron the chauffeur. They're walking around looking at the
> bodies decaying, the ones the police set out so they can document the
> differences between a body they find that's three days old and five days
> old. (You know, like when they ask the "estimated time of death"? That's
> how they know. :-)  So they look at one, and it's crawling with maggots.
> And the author writes "If you put your face up close (and I don't
> recommend this), you can hear them making a crackling noise, like rice
> krispies. I tell the director 'it sounds like rice krispies.'  Ron turns
> a bit green.  Ron used to like rice krispies."

LOL!  That is good....

> But the entire book contains gems like that. "He had interesting bottles
> of scent, used to train search dogs. They say the dogs can smell a bit
> of body six months after it's been sealed in concrete. I opened a small
> vial marked 'cadaverine', wondering what it was like. After we opened
> the windows, turned on the fan, and went out for some coffee, my host
> explained how it is they train the dogs."

Woah....

Jim