POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Creepypasta : Re: Creepypasta Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creepypasta
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Feb 2008 23:48:17
Message: <47a3f611$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Looks like something we need to add to the reading list. :-)

It's funny mainly because of the way it's told. She's a reporter
basically investigating how donated corpses are used. What happens when
you donate your body to science?  But imagine Stephen Wright telling it.

Like my favorite line: They're in the field, the author, the head of the
facility, and Ron the chauffeur. They're walking around looking at the
bodies decaying, the ones the police set out so they can document the
differences between a body they find that's three days old and five days
old. (You know, like when they ask the "estimated time of death"? That's
how they know. :-)  So they look at one, and it's crawling with maggots.
And the author writes "If you put your face up close (and I don't
recommend this), you can hear them making a crackling noise, like rice
krispies. I tell the director 'it sounds like rice krispies.'  Ron turns
a bit green.  Ron used to like rice krispies."

It still makes me giggle uncontrollably, just writing that. "Ron used to
like rice krispies."

But the entire book contains gems like that. "He had interesting bottles
of scent, used to train search dogs. They say the dogs can smell a bit
of body six months after it's been sealed in concrete. I opened a small
vial marked 'cadaverine', wondering what it was like. After we opened
the windows, turned on the fan, and went out for some coffee, my host
explained how it is they train the dogs."

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     On what day did God create the body thetans?