POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, who else has had this IRL? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  OK, who else has had this IRL? (Message 31 to 40 of 70)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: OK, who else has had this IRL?
Date: 1 Feb 2008 04:25:42
Message: <47a2e596$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Mike the Elder wrote:
>> [  Please accept my profound thanks for putting up with my posting a pet rant. I
>> won't do it any more... much ;-)  ]
>
> 	Your Monty Python reference saved you.

...THAT WAS MONTY PYTHON???

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 04:26:18
Message: <47a2e5ba$1@news.povray.org>
>> Making programming easier will only bring more idiots doing it...
>
> We're already getting a fair share of idiots doing it.

+1

> But giving people tools that allow them to use computers as effective
> tools is not a bad thing.

+1

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 1 Feb 2008 04:27:46
Message: <47a2e612$1@news.povray.org>
>> I suspect certain programs are going to come out looking great this way,
>> while others will come out looking like spaggetti!
>
> That certainly was true in AppWare/MicroBrew.  Especially with modules
> that took multiple inputs and outputs.

Having done Core-level "programming" with NI's Reaktor product, I can
tell you that certain things just look ugly when drawin with wires. And
other things look very much clearer than textual code...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/