POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new news client Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  new news client (Message 21 to 30 of 60)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: new news client
Date: 25 Jan 2008 12:47:47
Message: <479a20c3$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:38:50 -0500, nemesis wrote:

> I'll try that as a last resort... ;)

If you work in IT, you might point out that many vendors provide support
for their products through private news servers.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Jan 2008 12:48:21
Message: <479a20e5$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:59:43 -0500, nemesis wrote:

> BTW, I think
> I succeeded in turning messages to text only.  is that right?

Yep. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Jan 2008 12:48:35
Message: <479a20f3$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:07:32 -0500, nemesis wrote:

> and now?

Now it's better. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Jan 2008 12:49:48
Message: <479a213c$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:20:49 +0000, St. wrote:

> Eh? How did you know that Jim?

Because my newsreader doesn't render HTML, so the HTML code shows up as
HTML code.

:-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:20:49 +0000, St. wrote:
>
>> Eh? How did you know that Jim?
>
> Because my newsreader doesn't render HTML, so the HTML code shows up as
> HTML code.

     Ah, I see. Obviously, OE hasn't got this feature. <Must try XNews again
sometime, that was quite good iirc>

       ~Steve~

> :-)
>
> Jim